By Roger J. Laham, Donald S. Baim
An interdisciplinary panel of pioneers and opinion leaders assessment the elemental, preclinical, scientific, and developmental pathways to new remedy concepts, comparable to healing angiogenesis and myogenesis. The authors make the most of new organic realizing, novel healing ambitions, a number of to be had and well-studied healing recommendations, and the required imaging options to degree results. Their in-depth discussions conceal the identity of latest healing ambitions and pathways, the research of transcriptional elements, grasp change molecules, cell-based methods, chemokines, a greater realizing of the consequences of getting older, endothelial disorder, and hypercholesterolemia in accordance with angiogenic stimuli. Highlights contain exam of drug supply difficulties, results degree, stem treatment, high-risk interventions, improvement pathways, and destiny probabilities.
Read Online or Download Angiogenesis and direct myocardial revascularization PDF
Similar cardiovascular books
Absolutely revised and up-to-date for its Fourth version, Dr. Josephson's vintage textual content offers an intensive knowing of the mechanisms of cardiac arrhythmias and the healing interventions used to regard arrhythmias. The publication information the electrophysiologic method required to outline the mechanism and placement of foundation of arrhythmias in order that secure and potent remedy should be selected.
Cryopreserved allograft tissues at the moment are common fabrics for the reconstructive cardiac general practitioner. on account that booklet of the 1st version ("Cardiac Reconstructions with Allograft Valves") in 1989, the sector has improved dramatically with elevated medical use of cardiovascular allograft tissues, with the improvement of latest surgical concepts, and with advances within the knowing of the basics of valve transplantation biology and cryopreservation.
Totally revised and up to date for its Fourth version, Dr. Josephson's vintage textual content presents a radical knowing of the mechanisms of cardiac arrhythmias and the healing interventions used to regard arrhythmias. The publication info the electrophysiologic technique required to outline the mechanism and placement of foundation of arrhythmias in order that secure and potent remedy could be selected.
This atlas is a concise visible consultant to the imaging of got center disorder in babies, youngsters, and young people. Imaging performs an ever-increasing important function in prognosis, preoperative making plans, and postoperative administration for kids with those problems. The booklet stories ideas for reducing radiation, discusses protocols for imaging in youngsters, and gives concepts for the main acceptable reviews that lessen the time and price of imaging those sufferers.
- Cardiovascular Review 1984
- Cardiology and cardiac catheterisation: the essential guide
- Dietary risk factors of cardiovascular diseases
- Device Therapy for Congestive Heart Failure
- Cardiac Reconstructions with Allograft Tissues
- Kaplan’s Clinical Hypertension
Extra resources for Angiogenesis and direct myocardial revascularization
Blood 1999;93:4196–4207. 10. Burbach KM, Poland A, Bradfield CA. Cloning of the Ah-receptor cDNA reveals a distinctive ligand-activated transcription factor. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1992;89:8185–8159. 11. Wang GL, Jiang BH, Rue EA, Semenza GL. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 is a basichelix-loop-helix-PAS heterodimer regulated by cellular O2 tension. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1995;92:5510–5514. 34 Oettgen 12. Forsythe JA, Jiang BH, Iyer NV, et al. Activation of vascular endothelial growth factor gene transcription by hypoxia-inducible factor 1.
23. Mazure NM, Chen EY, Laderoute KR, Giaccia AJ. Induction of vascular endothelial growth factor by hypoxia is modulated by a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway in Ha-ras-transformed cells through a hypoxia inducible factor1 transcriptional element. Blood 1997;90:3322–3331. 24. Richard DE, Berra E, Gothie E, Roux D, Pouyssegur J. p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinases phosphorylate hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha (HIF-1alpha) and enhance the transcriptional activity of HIF-1.
43. Yang X, Castilla LH, Xu X, et al. Angiogenesis defects and mesenchymal apoptosis in mice lacking SMAD5. Development 1999;126:1571–1580. 44. Adams RH, Diella F, Hennig S, Helmbacher F, Deutsch U, Klein R. The cytoplasmic domain of the ligand ephrinB2 is required for vascular morphogenesis but not cranial neural crest migration. Cell 2001;104:57–69. 45. Yamagishi H, Olson EN, Srivastava D. The basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, dHAND, is required for vascular development. J Clin Invest 2000;105:261–270.
Angiogenesis and direct myocardial revascularization by Roger J. Laham, Donald S. Baim